Train the Trainer Physical Intervention Award
for those working with Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults
Cost: £1995 per delegate
Duration: 2 days
Date: Feb 2024 | Venue: TBC
This 2-day face to face training and covers all of the legal aspects of managing behaviour that challenges, assisting patients with clinical interventions or supporting pupils or young people whilst they regain control.
The course covers the relevant safeguarding, Health & Safety & employment regulations within a holistic and Human rights based approach.
With the supported and supporters, protected equally whilst acknowledging the "best interests" criteria that should be adhered to in all interventions with children and vulnerable adults who may have additional needs.
Please also note that when qualified, each trainer would not be expected to train more than 12 staff on their own in the physical aspects of the course for safety reasons and in accordance with your insurance policy.
This course is designed to equip those who wish to become physical intervention trainers in their sector with the necessary legal knowledge and appropriate physical skills. Once qualified this course will enable them to deliver recognised awarding body certified training within their own establishments and externally.
Trainers will be able to deliver all of our range of courses including the;
Level 2 Award Course in Breakaway & Disengagement
Level 2 Award Course in Disengagement & Physical Intervention.
Each award can be tailored towards the sector, staff and service users requirements.
The benefits of this are that you...
1. Will be delivering courses to an Awarding Body standard;
2. Have the option of qualifying your learners with certificate bearing our logos alongside your own, which demonstrates that;
3. The Learning & Assessment of your learners meets Educational Awarding Body standards which are Ofqual & CQC Regulated;
4. Will have access to online resources providing flexibility in the delivery of the theory and underpinning knowledge;
5. Be able to run the physical element of the courses in modular sessions safely;
6. Are not restricted to the numbers you are expected to teach so you can run courses dependent on need;
7. Will be provided with all of the materials required to deliver the course pre-written for you;
8. Will be provided with risk assessments, lesson planners, safety briefs and safe systems of work to follow to ensure that you run your courses safely and correctly;
9. Be given pre-written physical intervention / safe handling policies templates that you can use to implement a policy very quickly should you not already have one;
10. Be provided with a physical intervention system that meets the new proposed guidelines to be issued by the Department of Education and other Government departments with the option of adding additional training if the need arises.
The cost of the course includes course material, our own Safer Handling certification and a full resource folder. Our own certificate is sufficient for audit purposes but if you do want the Awarding Body certificate this costs an additional £140+vat per delegate and must be ordered well in advance of the course date so you can be registered with the awarding body.
Refresher courses are the same cost and on alternate years you may attend just the Day 2 of the 2-day course if you wish.